APPLY FOR EGYPT VISA ONLINE
Egypt e-Visa Information
Egypt e-Visa is an electronic entry visa, issued by the Egyptian government, that allows citizens of eligible countries to apply for their visa online for tourism and business purposes.
The electronic visa for Egypt was introduced in 2017 to help travelers visit Egypt in an easier way using an online visa application system. The electronic visa eliminates the need for the costly and time-consuming procedures associated with the Embassy visas of the past.
The online application process consists of three simple steps and can be done within minutes from home.
Applicants need to fill out a quick form, cover the e-Visa issuing fee, and wait for the approved document to be delivered. Once processed, Egypt e-Visa is delivered to the applicant’s email inbox as a PDF file that can be later on printed.
There are two types of Egyptian e-Visa available; there is a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. The single-entry e-Visa stays valid for three months and allows one 30-day stay, while the multiple-entry one enables numerous 30-day visits within a 6-month long validity period.
Egypt offers two different online visa types, see how they differ and which one will be best for you:
- a single-entry visa for a 30-day stay that stays valid for three months (90 days) from the date of issuing. You may visit Egypt one time during the validity period for both tourism and business purposes.
- a multiple-entry visa for a 30-day stay that expires after six months from the date of issue. You may enter Egypt at any time within that period and stay for up to 30 days. You may exit and enter the country as many times as you wish within the six-month validity period.
Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival to Egypt, no matter which electronic visa type should you choose.
Citizens of the countries listed below are eligible to apply for an e-Visa for Egypt. Check if your country of citizenship is on the following list:
- Czech Republic
- Korea, South
- Macedonia (North)
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Vatican City (Holy See)
Visa on arrival is available for Turkish citizens in the following circumstances only:
- Traveler enters Egypt by air
- Traveler is under 18 years of age or over 45 years
- Traveler has a permanent residence permit issued by Australia, Canada, USA, or an EU member state
The application process for the Egyptian e-Visa takes minutes to complete and can be done using any working device with an internet connection!
Submit your application at least seven days in advance of your travel to receive the necessary entry permit on time.
Use the panel located on the left-hand side and choose the preferred electronic visa to Egypt type. Click the ‘Apply online‘ button and follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Fill the application form: provide some basic personal and travel details, such as your name, surname, birth date, passport details, and email address. Double-check if there are no errors and move on to the next step.
- Cover the Egypt e-Visa fees (either 69 or 99 Euro, depending on the selected type of entry permit) and see if you have received a confirmation number.
- Check your inbox for the approved electronic visa in PDF form. The average processing time is just 71 hours when using our services!
Our rate of successfully approved Egypt e-Visa applications is 97%!
Please note: Applicants’ passports must stay valid for at least six months past the intended date of arrival. Evisa Express checks all applications thoroughly before submitting them to the government of Egypt.
Egypt offers two types of online travel visa: single entry and multiple entry one. Both types of e-Visa enable tourists to stay within the country for periods of up to 30 days in a row. However, the validity period differs depending on which one should you choose.
The single-entry e-Visa stays valid for three months from the date of issue, while the multiple-entry one expires after six months from the date of approval.
Please note: The electronic visa for Egypt is connected to your passport. If your passport number changes for any reason (for example, it expires, is lost, or updated), your e-Visa will automatically become invalid and you will need a new one if you intend to return to Egypt.
All travelers from eligible countries who wish to transit through Egypt on their way somewhere else must apply for an e-Visa first. Make sure that you have a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival and submit your application online.
Please note! You must apply at least 7 days in advance of your trip to receive your entry permit on time.
Before entering Egypt, make sure that you:
- carry a passport that will not expire for at least 6 months past the date of arrival
- have the print-out copy of your Egypt e-Visa (can be black-and-white)
- travelers entering the country for business or family visits must also carry a physical copy of a letter of invitation from the company or family member they are visiting
Once you have already applied for the entry permit to travel to Egypt, make sure to take a look at the Egypt e-Visa sample below to get more information on how this document will look like!
- Citizens of eligible countries will be asked to upload the following documents to their online visa application form:
- a digital photo of the bio-data page of the applicant’s passport that will not expire for at least 6 months from the planned date of arrival in Egypt
- applicant’s face photo (that can be taken using a phone or a PC camera)
- Business travelers only: A letter of invitation from the Egyptian company the traveler will be working with
- Family visitors only: A letter of invitation from the family member the traveler plans to visit
- Please ensure that your passport will stay valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entering Egypt
- Children also need an e-Visa for Egypt. Applications for underage travelers must be made by their parents/guardians.
- The electronic Egypt visa stays valid for 90 or 180 days, and authorizes visits up to 30 days in a row. It is not possible to extend your Egypt e-Visa.
- Citizens of Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, and Italy are not required to provide a passport; a valid ID card will be enough.
- e-Visas do not authorize employment or labor within Egypt. Travel is allowed “for business purposes” in cooperation with an Egyptian company – not direct employment.
- If your passport number changes, your online visa for Egypt becomes invalid.